Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dr Dre - Turn Me On (Another Weak Leak)

If you want to hear the song.... google it.

It's starting to seem that the long (no longer awaited but) delayed 'Detox' has become a year and a half slow drip from the ceiling annoying more people than its pleasing. Have you tried sleeping next to a slow inconsitent drip? I haven't but I'm sure that shit pisses people off. It's one drip away from chinese water torture and thats what this has become. Every couple of months an incomplete Detox nominee leaks and people complain about how the album is never coming out. Shit, even I am doing it right now. I know that pushing back albums is the trend for hiphop right now but Dre is taking it to another level.

All we are hearing is sub-par incomplete tracks. When the leaks 1st started, I heard a couple good joints with TI rapping what would be Dre's verses that would have been dope to hear complete and on an actual album, shit a compilation or a soundtrack would have been okay. Even the crack a bottle leak that had Eminem doing the verses in Dre's tone sounded better than the final version that hit the radio. But now I am hearing some weak shit with this 'Turn Me On' track. In all aspects of music this song aint hitting anything, either that or I am getting old.

I never got to hear the last leak 'Under Pressure' because it got flooded with hate, Dre said it was incomplete and he will release the proper version in a few weeks. That was months ago and I still havent seen shit so I still havent heard it. This was around the same time he was promoting his 'beats by dre' headphones and announcing 'detox will be coming out this year' followed by a chuckle. The dude is laughing at how long this shit is taking him. Then he announces a date, just to be pushed back again and someone mysteriously leaks another song.

But why leak this song?
I just hope and prey this song is not gonna be on detox and/or unfinished rather than a 'snippet' because what I have heard is terrible. With Lyrics like "I want to F*** you so bad right now" and "Every time you step into the room, OMG!" Seriously, girls singing some OMG shit like mid-forties dre is trying to make on some 14 year olds. Then Dre's rap style, probably ghostwrote by Jigga is sounding like a british 14 year old wanting to be Dre. The beat is meh. It sounds like granddaddy dre is trying to cater to the Justin Biebers with edge.

This shit aint gonna work but I have been wrong before... look at Drakes success.
 
-Lewz

Band website builderQuantcast